Online Examination System in PHP and MySQL with Trends Graph for a Maritime Academy
The Online Examination System is a web based application developed in MySQL and PHP. This customised software has
been developed for a leading Maritime Academy located in Goa, India for all the courses conducted by them. This is run
from an In–House Apache Webserver on their internal network.
The examination consists of different types of multiple choice questions. The questions are selected at random keeping the proper weightage for the various topics. The answers are evaluated and the marks obtained for each along with the answer given by the student are stored in the database.
The examiner can get the results immediately in various forms -- the general marklist, the detailed general marklist where the marks obtained by the student in each topic of the subject is shown (red underline for below passing marks) as well as the answer sheet of each student.
The trends graph show the graph of how many students have passed in each topic of a particular subject (Topicwise comparison graph) as well as how many students have passed in each subject (Subjectwise comparison graph). There is also the provision for a Trends graph of comparing how many students have passed topicwise in each subject at the midterm as well as final exams if there are two exams for the subject.
The software maintains the details for each student as well as provides a facility for editing the student details if required. There is Password based access for Individual Answer Sheet, General Mark Lists and Trends Graphs. Authentication is provided Via Sessions and the password is stored in encrypted form (MD5 hash) in the database.
This Online Examination System in PHP and MySQL can be modified and customized to suit the need of any Educational Institutions, Primary and Secondary Schools, Colleges, Professional and Vocational Institutes, Universities or Training Academies. This software is particularly suited to conduct competitive exams like recruitment exams and Common Extrance Tests (CET) of various states as it will save valuable time spent on assessing the answer books and the results can be obtained immediately.
In case you are looking out for a low cost Online exam system please refer to Affordable Examination System in PHP and MySQL
Features of the Customized Online Examination System in PHP and MySQL developed for a Maritime Academy:
- Software Developed in PHP/MySQL.
- Works on Apache webserver.
- The Online examination is multi-platform compatible. It will work on any computer and operating system which has Apache, PHP and MySQL installed
- Can be customised to include pictures, graphics and flash (swf) files in the questions of the Online examination.
- Question Paper consists of Random Selection Of Questions.
- Proper Weightage to Various Topics.
- Questions asked and answers given stored in the database
- Different Types of Multiple Choice Questions can be asked.
- Answers processed and marks awarded Instantly.
- View Results immediately upon Submission.
- Generation of General Mark Lists Summary (Total marks Obtained) as well as Detailed (Topic Wise marks Obtained)
- Individual Answer Sheets Generation.
- The computerized examination system has a facility to Add students details, View Student List as well as Edit student details.
- Password based access (Authentication Via Sessions, password is stored as a MD5 hash in the database) for Individual Answer Sheet, General Mark Lists and Trends Graphs.
- Trends Graph showing the number of students which have passed individual subjects .
- Trends Graph showing the number of students which have passed topic wise of each subject.
- Trends Graph showing the number of students which have passed topic wise in each subject at the midterm as well as final exams.
- The Exam Software is well suited to conduct competitive exams like recruitment exams and Common Extrance Tests (CET).
- Can Be Customised for any Educational Institution or Training Academy depending on your requirement - The above details are of an Online Examination System developed for a leading Maritime Academy located in Goa, India.
Shown below is the screenshot of one of the types of the Multiple Choice Questions of the Customised Online Examination System viz. Choose the correct answer. To view the screenshots for various types of questions refer to Types of multiple choice questions.
The answer books of the online examination can be generated by the examiner by selecting the exam and entering the roll number of the student. The screenshot of a section of answer sheet is given below
The examination result can be obtained in various forms and formats. You can have the summary as well as the detailed exam result. The screenshot of a section of the Detailed General Marklist of the Customized Online Examination Software is given below. For a full view of a detailed general marklist click here.